Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a comprehensive promotional and preventive intervention to enhance voluntary blood donation as well as mainstream HIV & AIDS prevention, care & support and treatment impact, mitigation, stigma reduction, among the youth in educational institutions. It will also prepare and promote youth peer educators within and outside the campuses. . Mr.T.Elavarasan, Assistant Professor of Physics, is the in-charge for the Red cross society.
Reaching youngsters at an impressionable age before they become sexually active can lay the foundation for a responsible lifestyle, including healthy relationships. NACP reaches out to youth through specially developed Youth Education Programme focused primarily on prevention through awareness building.
Role of the Red Ribbon Club
- Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information
- Enable youth, especially the female students, to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- Sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of PLHIV
- Increase access to health care services
- Create linkages between youth and GOs, NGOs and CBOs
- Create among the youth a cadre of peer educators