The Libraries are a strategic asset for any institution, providing intellectual leadership and extraordinary information experiences toward the advancement of knowledge
To provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the teaching, learning and research needs of the college.
About the Library
The Central Library was established in 1970. The College Library is well equipped with sufficient numbers of textbooks, reference books, journals, Competitive Examination Magazines and Newspapers to enrich our students with current affairs and General Knowledge. The library has good number of e-resources like e-books, e-journals, related to subject and curriculum of the college and also maintains a wide selection of non-academic and rare books which are of great historical significance to provide faculty and students an enriched experience. Library has been automated using “NIRMAL” Software with 4.0 version. It was automated in the year 2012. NIRMAL software is an user-friendly software designed to take care of all the administrative and management functions of the library.
|Monday To Friday :||9.15 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.|
|Saturdays :||10.00a.m. – 5.00 p.m.|
|Examination days :||10.00a.m. – 5.00 p.m.|
|Vacation :||10.00a.m. – 5.00 p.m.|
Collections of Library
Our College Library is well-equipped with a vast collection. It has a collection of over 58246 books. It subscribes about 40 reputed international journals, National and Magazines. The collection includes books various Entrance Exam, competitive examinations, conference proceedings, encyclopaedias, reference books, CD-ROMs, floppies, DVDs.etc.
The following are the holdings of the Library.
|1||Total No of Books||58246|
|2||Journals and Magazines||40|
|4||CD’s and DVD’s||225|
|5||E-Resources( Nlist Inflibnet)||6000 E-Journals , 1,64,300 E-Books + 6,00,000 E- books through NDL|
All the users of the library are categorized under the following headings:
|Sl.No||Category of Users||No. of Borrower Cards|
|3||Non Teaching Staff||4|
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library. Use of cellphones is also not allowed
- All students of the college are entitled to borrow books from the college library
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, tear pages or otherwise damage the librarydocuments.
- Faculty and students can borrow and return the library books using their barcode didentity cards.
- Incase the card is lost, the librarian should be informed of the fact at once, failing which the owner of the card will be responsible for the books issued on presentation of that card. A lost card may be replaced with a duplicate. Damaged cards will be replaced with new library cards.
- Books must be return on or before the due date otherwise the fine of Rs. 1/- will be charged per day/book.
- Students can make use of the photocopying facility available in the central library.
- The double cost of the book will have to pay if the issued book has lost.
- Library tickets should be returned to the Librarian at the end of the final semester.
- The Librarian may recall any book at any time even before the expiry date of the normal period of loan.
- Suggestions on all aspects, of library services are welcome.
Open access system to books and journals
Online public access Catalogue(OPAC)
Network Resource Center
Free access to E-Resources
Maintenance of Academic activities record
Reprographic and Printing Services
Free Downloading of E-Resources
Best Practices in Library:
The following facilities are available in our central library:
- Students and staffs have open access to books and journals
- The library is fully automated by NIRMAL Software with sufficient number of systems for accessing computerized database of books.
- Internet facility is available with High speed Broad band connection.
- In the Network Resource Centre Students and Staff members can access the E-Resources (ejournals & e-books) which are subscribed under N-LIST INFLIBNET.
- Reprographic facility is provided to the students and staffs on nominal charge.
- Information dissemination on job opportunities, Research Fellowships, training, placements are provided.
- Current information on socio-cultural, environmental, economic and educational events is displayed in the notice board.
- Clipping services, Bibliographic compilation, printing services etc are provided.
- Books and Magazines are regularly reviewed by the students
- Creating awareness of Competitive examination books & Journals by the Library staff.
- Downloading of free e-books and Journals are allowed.
- New arrivals are displayed in all the notice board.
- Historical information board provides daily historical information to students to update their knowledge.
- The imprints of Academic activities are maintained in Central Library.
- Students study circle are conducted to the students on every Wednesday to enrich our students with current affairs and general knowledge. Various competitions like Riddles, Spot Speech , Debate, Quiz on Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning, art exhibition and storytelling were also conducted in this occasion. Nearly 80 students are participating every week voluntarily and showcase their talents. The winners are highly appreciated and the names are recorded in College Newsletter which is published monthly